If you are a Deaf Lawyer residing in the UK, you may wish to join our group and be able to contribute to both the site content and the Deaf Blawg. Please read the eligibility criteria for membership below and if you qualify, complete and submit the form at the bottom of this page. We look foward to hearing from you.
Eligibility criteria for membership
Membership of Deaf Lawyers UK is restricted to the following:
- a Deaf Solicitor admitted to the Roll;
- a Deaf Barrister called to the Bar;
- a Deaf Trainee Solicitor or Pupil;
- a Deaf Institute of Legal Executives Fellow or Affiliate;
- a Deaf legal academic with the minimum of a degree (preferably Law) and has obtained a relevant legal postgraduate qualification, or working towards this;
- a Deaf individual who holds a law degree, and is actively seeking to complete the professional stage of qualification;
- a Deaf law student, enrolled at a higher education institution in the UK;
- a retired or non-practising Deaf Solicitor or Barrister; or
- any other individual at the Group’s discretion.
Please note: the term ‘Deaf’ is capitalised to mean all deaf people i.e. deaf, Deaf, deafened, hard of hearing etc.